Recipe by Phok Meat
If you’re looking for an easy vegan appetizer for the holidays, this vegan meatball recipe made with plant-based meat is the perfect combo of sweet, spicy, and tangy from the cranberry. You can make this vegan meatballs recipe in the oven, on the stove, crockpot, instant pot, or even in the air fryer. After cooking the meatballs, whip up the sauce–and toss!
Are Plant-Based Meats a Sustainable Alternative?
Plant-Based Meat products offer a transitional way of reducing our world's meat intake. Plant-based meat is also an easy go-to protein alternative for vegans and vegetarians. Although it is not a perfect dietary solution, it does offer another "meat" option for carnivores. Now meat-eaters can reduce their animal meat intake without giving up the sensation of eating meat.
We've all heard about the problems with industrially produced meat and how it is cruel to animals, terrible for land and water, hard on workers, and bad for our health when eaten in excessive quantities. Are you wondering what you can do to help? TMF recommends supporting organizations like The Humane Farming Association, which fights to reform how we raise and treat animals. We can also reduce the amount of meat we eat daily. Start by trying some of these gradual tips for moving towards a plant-based diet.
Ultimately, the healthiest approach for our planet, animals, and individual health is eliminating industrialized meat production. If we reduce or omit our meat intake globally and learn how to choose sustainable meat from regenerative farms, we will be well on our way to a solution.
If you need tips on how to make this recipe, click on the link below:
Cranberry Sriracha Vegan Meatballs
- 2 Packages Impossible Grounds
- ¾ Cup Panko
- 2 Tablespoons Grated Ginger
- 2 Tablespoons Finely Minced Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon White Pepper
- 18 ounces Chili Sauce
- 14 ounces Canned Jellied Cranberry Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Orange Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- ⅛ Cup Sriracha
- Combine all meatball ingredients.
- Shape in to about 16 vegan meatballs.
- Heat a large saute pan on medium with a couple of tablespoons of oil.
- Sear the meatballs on all sides for 1-2 mins each until golden-brown.
- Set aside in a dish.
- Melt the cranberry sauce in a saucepan on medium.
- After it's melted, whisk in all of the other ingredients.
- Simmer on low for about 5-10 minutes. It should thicken up a little.
- Add in the meatballs and toss. Turn off the heat.
Note: Nutritional info (data available on Impossible Meat packaging) has been added by TMF for the plant-based meat used in this recipe. We hope to update the environmental information when it becomes available.
Delicious, tangy, spicy and sweet!! It was easy to make as well. I used beyond meat burger and it was perfectly scrumptious!!
Great meat-free appetizer for the holiday season!