Roasted Butternut Squash with Pear & Pecan Salad is a quick and easy salad to make with roasted butternut squash put aside or leftover from making soup or other Butternut Squash Recipes!
There are so many ways to use Butternut Squash when it is peeled, cubed and roasted. It is especially delicious mixed with greens, fruits and nuts in a salad. Try this Butternut Squash with Pear & Pecan Salad! Just drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar for lunch (vegetarians can top with goat or feta cheese), or you can have it alongside Roasted Butternut Squash Soup using a portion of the the roasted butternut squash put aside from the recipe.
How to make Roasted Butternut Squash Salad
For additional guidance, check my post on how to roast a butternut squash.
Asian Pears are available in the Fall/Winter seasons and are delicious in this salad! But, green D'Anjou Pears are great also. Simply core, slice and cube them for the salad. If you do not have an apple corer, just slice the pear in half and scoop or cut out the seeds.
To see the original post for this recipe click on the link below:
Roasted Butternut Squash with Pear & Pecan Salad
- 2 cups spinach cleaned
- 2 cups arugula cleaned
- 1 pear Asian recommended if available, cored, sliced & cubed
- ¼ - ½ cup pecans chopped with a few whole put aside for topping
- 2 cups of roasted butternut squash **leftover, cooled or room temperature
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoon goat or feta cheese (optional) vegetarian option
- sea salt & fresh pepper (to taste)
- Plate greens and top with butternut squash, pears and pears.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar, salt & pepper to taste