Recipe by The Produce Pack
If you haven't tried using carrot tops yet, this Walnut and Carrot Top Pesto helps you maximize the value of your farmer's market purchases while adding extra flavor to your cooking.
A Zero Waste Solution
Did you ever wonder what to do with those leafy green tops of carrots? There's no need to just throw them away anymore when you can make Walnut and Carrot Top Pesto - the perfect zero waste solution!
This recipe is super delicious and easy to make. Try this pesto with pasta, salads, sandwiches, or even tossed over your favorite vegetables. Lower your carbon footprint and substitute parmesan cheese with your favorite plant-based cheese!
If you need tips on how to make this recipe, click on the link below:
Walnut and Carrot Top Pesto
- Tops from 2 bunches of carrots approximately 2 cups roughly chopped
- ½ cup walnut halves
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoon fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Add carrot tops, walnuts, parmesan, orange juice, garlic, salt and crushed red pepper flakes to a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Turn the food processor on, and while it is running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil until a paste forms.