Recipe by Chef Cindy
Lemon Chia Pudding is a delicious & healthy dessert! I promise you will gobble it down even if you don't have a sweet tooth! It is refreshing, healthy, and super easy to make - my kind of dessert!! Lemon Chia Pudding is also great for breakfast or a late afternoon snack. So make a big batch of this vegan chia pudding, and you will hope for leftovers!
A few more suggestions for the toppings:
- kiwi, blackberries, raspberries
- pecans, almonds, hemp seeds, flax seeds
- coconut flakes, carob chips, granola
What makes chia pudding so healthy?
Chia seeds may be tiny in size, but they are full of essential nutrients. They are an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, rich in antioxidants, and they provide fiber, iron, and calcium. Chia pudding is a creamy, satisfying breakfast, snack, or dessert that can be topped with fruits and nuts.
Chia seeds are also great to add to smoothies, yogurt, and breakfast cereals. The recommended allowance is up to 20 grams (about 1.5 tablespoons) of chia seeds, twice per day. Since it is high in fiber, too much can cause bloating, constipation, gas, abdominal pain and diarrhea - moderation a must!
Some say chia seeds curb your appetite and may promote weight loss. As with any foods that are high in fiber, they tend to keep you full longer which may help you from overeating. My thoughts, if it's healthy and you enjoy eating it, then give it a try!
Best Chia Seed Products – Top 10 Brands Reviewed for 2020
- Nutiva Organic Chia Seed
- Navitas Naturals Organic Chia Seeds
- Bob's Red Mill Chia Seeds
- Terrasoul Superfoods Organic Chia Seeds
- Spectrum Essentials Chia Seeds
- Now Foods White Chia Seeds
- Barleans Organic Oils Organic Chia Seed
- Garden Of Life Organic Chia Seed
To see the original post for this recipe click on the link below:
Lemon Chia Pudding with Berries, Bananas & Nuts
- 1 cup almond milk
- ½ cup non-dairy plain yogurt
- 4 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 medium lemon zest & juice
- 3 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ banana sliced
- 2 strawberries sliced
- 2 tablespoons blueberries
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond milk, yogurt, chia seeds, lemon zest, lemon juice and maple syrup.
- Divide mixture between serving dishes and place (uncovered) in the refrigerator. Let it sit for at least 15 minutes as it will thicken over time.
- Top with sliced bananas, berries & nuts. Enjoy!