Tofu Scramble with Swiss Chard is a healthy, quick go-to breakfast recipe! Although eggs have always been a big breakfast item in many houses, tofu scramble is a great Vegan alternative to scrambled eggs. Basically, whatever ingredients you would put in your scrambled eggs, you can do the same with scrambled tofu! And, the addition of turmeric gives it the yellow color similar to eggs, and also serves as an immune booster! Super Healthy!!
To make tofu scramble is super easy! Start with extra virgin olive oil in a pan, cook your onions for 5 minutes, then add garlic, Swiss Chard and scallions. Cook for another 5 minutes. Then add your mashed tofu, turmeric and spices. Heat through and you are ready to eat!
To see the original post for this recipe click on the link below:
Tofu Scramble with Swiss Chard & Pickled Red Onions
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 6-8 Swiss chard leaves chopped
- ½ block tofu pressed and mashed *
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- salt & pepper to taste
- pickled red onions optional
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick sauté pan. Add onion and cook until translucent - about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, Swiss chard and cook until chard has wilted, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add tofu, turmeric, salt & pepper and heat through thoroughly.
- Plate and serve topped with pickled red onions and/or avocado toast. Delish!
- Press tofu before using it in a sauté. This will take the moisture out of the tofu and allow it to crumble better. U
- You can use a potato masher to mash the tofu or just simply a fork.
- Time saver tip: press the tofu while you are prepping & cooking the other ingredients!
Excellent! What a delicious breakfast replacement for scrambled eggs!