Recipe by Chef Cindy
Not sure what to do with the green beans and potatoes from the farm ... Make a Roasted Potato & Green Bean Salad!
This Roasted Potato & Green Bean Salad is nutritious, delicious and beautiful to have alongside a summer barbecue or a fall meal. The color and taste from the yellow peppers and the zing from the mustard vinaigrette, make this the perfect blend!
How do I make roasted potatoes?
You start by cleaning the potatoes with a vegetable scrubber to get the dirt off. Dry them with a cloth or paper towel. Cut them into bite size pieces, keeping them all around the same size so they cook evenly.
Slice up some onions, and place the potatoes, onions and garlic cloves in a mixing bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, salt & pepper and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
Roast the potatoes for approximately 30 minutes, moving them around every 10 minutes, so that all sides cook and you get your roasted potatoes below.
While the potatoes are roasting, clean & cut the green beans.
How do I prepare the green beans?
Steam the green beans in a double boiler for about 10 minutes. Then plunge them in cold water bath to stop them from cooking further.
When potatoes are done, place the baking sheet on the counter or cooktop to come to room temperature.
Prepare the rest of your ingredients in the recipe. Blend everything together in a mixing bowl and serve!
This roasted potato salad tastes great for hours to come and even refrigerated overnight.
To see the original post for this recipe click on the link below:
Roasted Potato and Green Bean Salad Recipe
- 2 lbs red potatoes cleaned and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 yellow onion sliced thin
- 3 garlic cloves roasted
- ¾ lb green beans cleaned, trimmed & steamed
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon german mustard
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Prepare the green beans.
- Place the potatoes and garlic on a parchment lined baking sheet and roast for 20 - 30 min until golden brown.
- Clean, trim and dice the yellow pepper.
- Prepare the dressing by mixing the mustard & vinegar together. Drizzle & stir in the olive oil to emulsify. Add in roasted & mashed garlic.
- Stir together gently the potatoes & onions, green beans, peppers, dressing and basil.
- Put in a bowl and serve.